Saturday, January 03, 2004

Friendships

Over the past couple days a number of things have happened that reminded me how important Community and friendships are.

At Christmas things are quiet here at the training school. (Normally this is a two year program but since my wife is still in the program we live on campus which is about 10 miles away from my office.) Not that I minded the quiet it was nice for a time. Last night a couple of my friends and I went to Borders. My favorite times are when I have free money (Christmas presents). We went and I found a few books but the best part is that it gives us a chance to catch up and voice our frustrations as well as our moments of happiness. It was a subtle reminder that while my T is my best friend there is something well, Holy about three guys, books, and borders gift cards.

Another thing happened yesterday. A friend of mine came for an unexpected visit last night. We went through TSA training college together and he is at a Hispanic church about an hour away. It seems that he just needed to talk. We hadn’t touched base in about three months way too long. But friendships seem to be beyond time and space.

Finally, I have been surprised to see friends of mine many who I have not seen in almost a year visit this blog to see my musings. Friendships are truly a blessing from God.

How often do we forget the importance of friendships? May God forgive me for forgetting how essential friendships are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring