Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Search for authenticity part 2

I got home from the office early today because the water main broke for the second time in six months. They have to replace a section that was built with PVC pipe. The plumbing says someone was really cutting costs when they built the building 9 years ago. Anyway, when I got home I found a letter from my Grandma. Among other things she was responding to my comment that "for most Christians their beliefs don't make a difference in their lives." She writes saying that her beliefs do make a difference in her life. I would agree.

They say that faith and goodness are contagious. I would agree. It was probably about 12 or 13 years ago when my grandma first came into our family. She met and fell in love with my grandpa and they settled of the Oregon coast. It was after that I saw a change in my grandpa. Their house became a house of Love. They showed me what AA was all about. They opened their house to all of us. Bettie became Grandma. I truly believes she understands more about Loving your neighbor as yourself. I can not describe the Love I have for my Grandma and Grandpa. True love is beyond description. Now my grandpa is very sick with Kidney cancer. Please say a prayer.

Its people like my grandma that give me hope to say that what I believe matters. What blows my mind is that Grandma follows God and I believe knows God yet does not claim to be a Christian in the historical sense.

So I continue my search for authenticity. I search for it in myself and others. I search for people who know why they do what they do.

I Love you Grandma and Grandpa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring