Sunday, March 28, 2004

On Community

Last night my wife asked me a very interesting question. Why do you go Praiseworks? Praiseworks is a SA church that meets on Saturday in Orange, CA. So I did some thinking and as I sit waiting for Sunday school and church to begin I am thinking about these thoughts again. It is a question of community. I thought about it. Never in my life have I been apart of only one faith community. Sometimes it has been 2 or 3 or even 4. Church school another church these are have been important to me in the past. So much so that to be part of only one community is something I do not understand. I imagine that if I was not an officer then I would have more faith communities. Right now I have praiseworks, the college, my corps in Redondo and an internet community. If any one of these communities ceased to exist I would find another community to fill that void. I wonder whether this is a Pomo thing or if it’s just me. It seems that many people have talked about multiplicity of communities yet has a pomo ever touched on this. I don't even know if I can describe this in language that people can understand. They will inevitably ask: Why is multiplicity of communities so important? I don't know. It feels like that which is natural. It’s the water in which I swim, the air I breathe. Just as mass once a day is for the monks multiplicity of communities is a necessity for me. I hope I am not alone. Moderns have observed it but have pomo's really talked about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring