Friday, October 22, 2004

aol

Alot has been going on. New tasks kettles and a building in San Pedro to get ready for an adult day care to move in.

But last saturday my wife told me "you don't have enough faith"

She is right I have faith in the presence of God, but can really do anything else? Can God heal, bring about justice, or peace?

I have doubted all this lately.

But for the last week a song has been going through my head


Blessed Be Your Name
by Matt Redman
Album
:
Blessed Be Your Name
by Matt Redman
- - -
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

But I need new music. where is God speaking in the world? where are the lyrics, guitars, and drums. All I hear is garbage fake music and phony people. Where is God speaking?


1 Comments:

Hi, Bill!

God heals, is just and bring peace to those who know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. I believe God brings peace not found in the world.

Why not provided the ministry he has gifted you to do and let people see share God with them? You will show them the God who heals, brings justice, and peace.

If there are people around you who my be phony....move on to those who are genuine in their experience with others. You can minister to both by your words, actions and deeds.

As an officer, I found more "touches of ministry" on one day than many pastors do in a week. Sometimes I had to resolve to put "self" last and see all the people God permitted my life to touch.
I found them to be looking for the "real thing" and they found that in an officer's caring and his/her pointing to a real God who loves them, really loves them.

Right now, with kettles upon you, and a building for your adult day care looking you in the face, you will need to stay focused and let God deal with bringing healing, justice and peace. You will have enough "on your plate" to be responsible for. You are not responsible for the healing, justice and peace that can only come from Him and His personal touch. Stay focused on the ministry you do for you know it will bring healing, justice and peace of sorts and may lead people to follow God and accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. Once they find Him, God's Holy Spirit will help them continue their walk with God for healing, justice and peace. What a reality! To think that God uses you, Tolani, others, me, to be instruments for Him. WOW!

Bill, best wishes as you and Tolani face this busy season! May God bless you and be there for you in a special way as only He can!

Lloyd Michael Fletcher, Major (R)
lmf4@mchsi.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring