Saturday, April 02, 2005

My Two Worlds

Four days this past week have forced me to see my two worlds. I live in a nice middle class home complete with dog and all. Each morning I get up and get on the freeway. When I get off I am in another world. I travel through areas I didn't even know existed. Areas of poverty coincidentally (or not) its Hispanic. It brings me to a place called hope central aka skid row. I drive in and feel so out off place. I mean I know I'm supposed to be here and all but I'm in a different world. Where this journey will go I do not know. I find it sad though the state of affairs in the crazy USA. These different worlds should not exist so close to each other. They should not exist at all. But here they are.

God help me to navigate these different worlds.

3 Comments:

Hey Bill,

I can relate to this in a minor way. When I lived in North Denver and had a job in the Tech Center I would drive down past the stadium and see homeless people and lines blocks long outside the day labor places. Then I would take a short cut through Cherry Hills Village because there was no traffic and I hate traffic. Then I would pass houses that were 5 million dollar homes with stones walls, a stable with 10 or more horses and land to ride them, along with fountains and swimming pools and hot tubs. Twice a day I would drive through mulitmillion dollar homes and land and through homeless and people trying to get money to live off of for the day. That drive became the reason I quit my job. Good luck to you as you live in two worlds.

By Blogger Dwight, at 3:11 PM  

Bill

I was given something called the book stick a little while ago - it seemed fun so I have passed the mantle onto you - sorry!

Actually it was quite thought provoking thinking what books to take!!

By Blogger Gordon, at 5:00 AM  

I was given something called the book stick a little while ago - it seemed fun so I have passed the mantle onto you - sorry!

Actually it was quite thought provoking thinking what books to take!

By Blogger Gordon, at 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring