Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Healthcare

The past month has found me in 4 hospitals many doctors offices and its all paid for by insurance. As an officer the Army self insures me. Its a PPO with a stop loss of 1200 a year. All we pay out of pocket is 1200 any year. Its great but I saw people writing checks and I've been hearing of cases in Texas where if you not have the ability to pay the government automatically pulls the plug. Ironic that if Shivo had been in Texas the state would have pulled to plug. Bush signed this into law. Ironic? Or was the whole thing about judges? But we missed an opportunity. It should have been about health care. We should have been talking about how jacked our system is. Dwight can talk a lot about this. But if it were not for some generous doctors and the Mayo Clinic my dad would be dead. So I'm just a bit pissed off about it all.

I love the fact that my wife can get the best care but I'm pissed because that should be the right of every American. I do not know an answer but every person (documented or not) in America should have access to quality health care. And if it affects those of us who have great care now, so be it. But the system we have now is really jacked.

2 Comments:

Hey Bill, whats your spin On the ARC's? Are you a corp officer?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 PM  

Hey Bill, whats your spin On the ARC's? Are you a corp officer?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring