Thursday, June 23, 2005

Salvation

I am becoming increasingly disturbed by the definition I inherited from modernity. Even as viewed Salvation and Sanctification as the same, I have began to go increasingly uncomfortable with the idea that Salvation is primarily individual. Gordon posted the quote "our understanding of mission will only be as wide as our understanding of salvation..." The in Generous Orthodoxy McLaren talks a great deal about being missional. In this sense mission becomes the motivation not salvation or getting people saved.

I think I am growing tired of a theology that is heaven/hell focused. I am in hell. I commute to it each day. People here are in their own hell. Missional activity is with these and shows them a better way, not the easy way, but a holy way, a way of Love.

I guess I am just still struggling with the words. But we need to learn to dance.

We need to learn to be neighbor's.

1 Comments:

yep - I'm with you!

By Blogger Gordon, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring