Sunday, July 24, 2005

Church Today

Today was the last day of vacation. I had church today. I read "Stumbling Toward Faith" . I had church. It reminded me of all that is bad about religious church and all that is good about spiritual church. The trappings of religion, what ever form or tradition they take, can be and often are used to oppress and abuse. "You will respect my authority" can be heard or seen often because their authority is god given so we are told. But for spiritual people spiritual church is not about authority or power. True authority is often held by the meekest kindest people. The Henri Nouwen's, Bonhoffer's, Woody Northcutt's. You have others in this spot. It was refreshing to read someone's struggle in becoming a spiritual person.

1 Comments:

I told you that you would like that book

By Blogger Dwight, at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring