Friday, August 05, 2005

Life

Interesting days.
A guy with serious problems impacting his ability to become part of society came in to my office. We talked I hope he listened. A jail sentence hanging over him and he still doesn't get it. Time will tell hopefully the games will start.

I go home tomorrow (Denver that is) for a week conference. Hang out time will be good with Dwight & Rebecca.

I turn 27 on Monday, weeee... BFD

In a week and a half we celebrate 2 years of marriage, a hard but great two years, I wouldn't change it for anything. I will miss Tolani as she will be staying home for this conference.

Other then that all is well. Its hard to believe we've been here on the nickel 4 months. It has been a great 4 months. Training is going good I'm finding my place. I have started teaching a weekly bible study, they seem to enjoy it. I'm looking at the Sermon on the mount from a recovery standpoint. Its great to use my biblical skills for something of value. I hope I help them realize that this book of scriptures relates to them. But there is so much theological baggage. Bull that some have been taught. Hoping helping wanting to disconnected it all. But maybe some of my crap will become baggage as well.

We talked last night about salt and light, and how its written to the group. We must participate if we are to grow at all. They really grasped it. It was a good time. I hope others are like last night. It doesn't look like any bible study I've ever seen so I guess that is a good thing.

Blessings

3 Comments:

Happy Birthday Bill,

Look forward to seeing you this week

By Blogger Dwight, at 10:29 AM  

Happy belated birthday Bill. Say hello to Dwight and Rebecca for me in Denver.

By Blogger Dan (aka Br Bozano), at 5:40 PM  

Your trust in God is a beautiful witness. Thanks.

By Blogger Jim Knaggs, at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring