Saturday, December 17, 2005

Joy

Well after two weeks of having others preach (Yea!) one of us has to preach. That means me. Tolani is not preaching much I think it wears her out. Anyway, Joy. I do not know why my cynical self must talk about joy. To be honest I'd rather talk about exhaustion and depression. I guess I hear the joy talk and I hate it. I mean it the OT it there was always a party associated with joy. My #1 reason for hating Christmas is parties. I mean all these people go and play stupid games and socialize with people they don't normally socialize with and then at some point go home. I'd rather just eat and go home or be home to begin with. I just hate parties. So joy, we are using the Isaiah passage and maybe the angels and shepherds I guess I understand what is being talked about but how do I communicate it that this joy is not necessarily an emotion. Or how do I express that we can be joyful and depressed at the same time. I have a week left of kettles I'm not joyful. In fact I'm pissed off. I'm tired and I want to sleep in. Tolani is pregnant and I'm scared that we might be have a girl. (email me if you want to know why.) The emotion of joy is the last thing I feel except when I look and see that on dec 26th I can sleep in!

So, Rock on.

I guess I will talk on the expectant joy. The idea that Christ coming is a joyous occasion. (Christmas being over is as well) So here is to the holidays, may they come and go quickly!

Bah Humbug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring