Wednesday, February 15, 2006

News and my life as Father Francis J. Mulcahy

Well, our DC is becoming chief secretary (a promotion) in US Central. We will be sad to see them go, truly great people and leaders.

I have my first long walk in two weeks last night because I've been sick. I did some thinking and praying and what can up was that I feel what what Father Francis J. Mulcahy (the great priest from MASH) described in a couple episodes.

Useless
Helpless
Without proper training
Just there
Office door open and no one coming by

I guess I feel like a person who just wonders why. I mean the guys in the program all seem to relate to me well, they say "hi thanks for the Super Bowl" They come to church and bible study but does any of it matter? I mean I think to my self what if I was not here would the clients miss me?

I don't think so. The program would continue little thought given. I guess I just wonder does it really matter.

The answer came yes it does. It really does. Maybe some will not use because what I have said or my relationship with them. Maybe.

I am not a good chaplain though. I'm not. I'm not good at getting people to talk about spiritual stuff. I respond to them when they open up. I think many are better at it then I am. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't know. My chaplaincy skills have increased but I realize others are better at it. I'm beginning to realize that at least right now I'm a better administrator. I'm good at it. Sometimes I just wish I was a better chaplain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring