Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sadness

My heart has been saddened of late from discussion on Real Live Preacher and Tim's blog. The first deals with homosexuality. I am saddened by some hate speak going on by commenters. It is really hateful. Most however are filled with Love and compassion. So often we get on our high horse about something we are convicted of and proclaim a turn or burn theology that people will turn and run from whatever gospel we are espousing. I guess in the whole discussion, it will only get more heated, we need to love fist. The question will ultimately come up is it a sin? So what? So what if it is, so what if it isn't. Fact is that it should not change the way I treat others. You may disagree but I can not treat people with contempt because of "sin." If
I did I wouldn't have anything to do with anyone. So what's the big deal.

The second thing that has me sad is the crap in Iraq people are dying. We caused it, at least some of it, and worse is this religious nationalism (AKA Patriotism on Crack.) It there here and everywhere. I think that is why church and state should always be separate. I think its why pluralism is good as well. Without a majority we are less likely to see religion and patriotism become crack heads and become totally disfunctional.

Anyway, there is good news too. I hope. Somewhere.

Maybe?

2 Comments:

I wonder if this has anything to do with rlp's essay?

"The Southern Baptists of Texas Convention (SBTC) cut ties with a Baytown, Texas, church January 12 over the church's connections to a ministry designed to welcome homosexuals."

I disagree with rlp's exegisis of the scriptures (and he left one reference out), but I also think this is an area evangelicals (including myself) are failing in miserably. On my own blog a commenter said I lacked integrity because I didn't see it as a big deal that Chad Allen-homosexual activist actor-played a leading part in the movie End of the Spear. I'm trying to figure out, if evangelicals can't stand to see a homosexual actor in a Christian film, how are we ever going to face them in life and show them the kindness that leads to repentance? Are homosexuals the only ones who need to repent before they come to church?

By Blogger glorybound9, at 8:27 PM  

Thanks for the link. As with the SBTC well what do you expect from southern baptists and texans. (that was probably un called for but its about the nicest thing I can say.) So I guess accepting people is a bad thing? Does homosexuality make someone less of a person? I guess it does to some. God bless pastor Haney.

By Blogger Bill, at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring