Thursday, June 01, 2006

Here We Are

Were we are another day. Had more sleep last night, a very good thing. Tomorrow will be the test.

RLP has posted some thoughts on preaching. I guess I'm struggling with this whole thing because while preaching I enjoy it. However when I'm not I really hate it.

I don't listen to sermons often, I usually look at everyone else or day dream, even when my wife preaches. I would prefer a good teacher then preaching. I see preachers (Jakes and others) on TV and it sound like happy feely crap. I guess that is how I sound some times. I sat through 6 years of theological training being told sermons should take 20 hours a week to prepare. Yah right. Sermons are alive with a direction an end. I just don't see why people stay to listen. I am amazed that there is not a mass exodus out the back door.

But, once it starts I'm in a different world. I enjoy it I'm good at it. Its one thing I do well. I just wonder why people listen. Am I someone worth listening to? Do I make sense to others? Why preach anyway. But Sunday I will stand half awake, and talk about Pentecost. Lord have Mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

Site Meter
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring